FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Co-Founder & CEO
New website makes rounding up a full foursome a piece of cake
KANSAS CITY, Aug. 24, 2010 — Full Foresome LLC today announced the launch of a website that makes it incredibly easy for people to coordinate golf plans with friends and other compatible golfers. The free service, which has been in private beta for several weeks, is now available to the general public at www.fullforesome.com.
What it is
FullForesome.com serves a very specific purpose: To make the process of rounding up a full foursome simple and easy. To do this, elements of websites such as eVite, Plancast and eHarmony, have been incorporated into the design of FullForesome.com.
- eVite: FullForesome allows users to exchange invitations with close friends as well as track RSVPs for upcoming tee times.
- Plancast: FullForesome allows users to broadcast vacancies in their tee times to selected members of their network without sending direct invitations. This feature is ideally suited for sharing golf plans with acquaintances whom users cannot send direct invitations to on a regular basis without becoming a nuisance. Acquaintances will learn of these openings only when they visit FullForesome.com and specifically search for a group to join.
- eHarmony: FullForesome allows users to easily pair-up with compatible playing partners outside their network of friends. Compatibility is based on criteria set by users such as handicap, age, preferred courses, gender and pace of play.
What it’s not
- A tee time reservation system.
- A bulletin board where visitors can hold golf-related discussions.
- A place for golfers to share photos and minute details about their daily lives.
- A golf news website.
According to Co-Founder & CEO, Jim Dauer, FullForesome hopes to make getting paired-up at the course with incompatible playing partners a thing of the past for recreational golfers.
“A lot of people don’t like being paired up with complete strangers for a round of golf,” said Dauer. “Unfortunately, the only way to avoid this is to find enough playing partners to fill your tee time before you arrive at the course, which wasn’t always easy to do, until now.”
The company’s founders believe the service will change the way people think about making golf plans.
“In the past, when you got the urge to golf, you had to search for a tee time and then find someone who was available to play,” said Dauer. “Now you can just hop online and it only takes a few seconds to find a friend or another compatible golfer who already has a tee time to join.”
New users can set up their personal network of golfing friends on FullForesome.com in just a couple of minutes by auto-searching their Facebook friend list for existing FullForesome users and inviting Facebook friends who haven’t yet signed-up. Friends can also be invited via e-mail.
Although a release date has not yet been announced, FullForesome will be releasing iPhone and Android applications in the near future.
FullForesome is a Kansas City-based startup company determined to make finding a full foursome a piece of cake for all.
For a brief, 60-second overview of the company’s service, visit www.fullforesome.com.